The BIMUN 2016 Project is organized by the United Nations Association of Serbia and will have two conference:
* one for University students (16 - 20 March 2016) and
* one for High school students (21 – 24 April 2016).
Belgrade International Model United Nations – BIMUN 2016 (16 – 20 March 2016) is the thirteenth annual international youth conference simulating the work of UN bodies on the following topics:
* SECURITY COUNCIL: "The Situation in Nigeria"
* CRISIS COMMITTEE - SECURITY COUNCIL: “The Kurdish question - crisis situation”
* ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL COUNCIL (ECOSOC): “Implementing the SDGs: moving from commitments to results”
* HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL: “European Migrants crisis: Rights of refugees from conflict areas”
* UN ENVIRONMENT ASSEMBLY (UNEA): "Sustainable water resources management"
* UNESCO - World Heritage Committee: “Protection of heritage in areas threatened by extremists”
Our 13th conference will be focused on the theme "Sustainable Development Goals - Embrace the challenge’’
Participants of the conference will be students from all over the world.
BIMUN 2016 will be an opportunity for diplomatic debates, with respect to multiculturalism and democratic values, but also for connecting young leaders. The conference will have a rich social life and special events (BIMUN Diplomats' Ball, National evening and BIMUN party).
So far 2498 participants from 64 countries have participated in twelve BIMUN conferences.
Join them and plan your participation in BIMUN 2016 (16-20 March 2016).
BIMUN 2016 - our 13th conference will be a unique and unforgettable experience!
BIMUN - EDUCATION FOR THE WORLD OF DIPLOMACY!
BIMUN JUNIOR 2016 conference (for high school students) will be held from 21 to 24 April 2016.
The conference will have three high school committees that will discuss the following topics:
* SECURITY COUNCIL: The Situation in Syria
* GENERAL ASSEMBLY FIRST COMMITTEE (UNGA DISEC): Establishment of a nuclear-weapon-free zone in the region of the Middle East
* UNODC – COMMISSION OF NARCOTIC DRUGS: The World Drug Problem.